In early July, the Pensions Advisory Group (PAG) published their long-awaited report, A Guide to the Treatment of Pensions on Divorce.
Many of you will know that the PAG comprises of actuaries, solicitors, barristers, IFAs, academics and other specialists operating in this field. The aim of the report was to provide comprehensive guidance on how pensions on divorce should be approached. It also sought to bring clarity to traditionally thorny areas such as pension offsetting, State Pensions and many more.
To help professionals understand the key findings from the PAG report, we’re hosting two free seminars at the end of this month. If you are a practising family lawyer or mediator involved in divorce work, this is an invaluable session – and it qualifies for CPD.
Understand the key findings of the PAG report
At these two-hour seminars we’ll cover:
- The key findings of the PAG report
- What the report means for your reports in the future
- The software we use when acting in the capacity of shadow experts
- How this software can be used to help separating/divorcing couples reach good outcomes that work for both parties.
As well as sharing the key outcomes of the recent PAG report, we’ll also bring you right up to date with the current practices when working in this field.
- Session 1 with Mark Penston: Understanding the Key Findings of the PAG Report (Length 1 hour 15 minutes)
- Session 2 with Rob Starling and Jeremy Jackson: Cashflow Modelling on Divorce – A New Way Forward? (Length 45 minutes)
What you need to know
You have a choice of two seminars. Places are strictly on a first come, first served basis and you can book yours using the links below:
|Tuesday 26 November 2019||Thursday 28 November 2019|
|09:00 to 12:00 GMT||09:00 to 12:00 GMT|
|Donnington Valley Golf Club
Old Oxford Road
|Doubletree by Hilton
M4 – J10
Mill Lane Sindlesham
|Click here to book your free ticket||Click here to book your free ticket|
At both locations, light refreshments will be provided, including bacon rolls. There will be an opportunity for questions and networking after the final session.
Note: the session will qualify for CPD.
Watch this handy 1-hour CPD webinar
If you want more information about the PAG report, Mark recently sat down with solicitor and arbitrator Mena Ruparel to discuss the recent report on pension sharing on divorce.
We’ve been producing pension sharing reports for almost 20 years and are experts in this area, so we shared our expertise and thoughts in this one-hour webinar.
This invaluable webinar:
- Looks at the recent PAG report on pensions
- Highlights the main findings from the report
- Will help you understand when a Pensions On Divorce Expert (PODE) is required
The webinar also acts as 1 hour’s Continuing Professional Development for registered professionals.
Get in touch
If you’d like more information about either of our two forthcoming seminars, or you have clients with complex pension arrangements who may benefit from talking to a chartered financial planner, please get in touch.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0118 987 6655.